The Wilanów Palace and Park is one of the favorite attractions by the tourists visiting Warsaw. The palace is an impressive architecture masterpiece, built as a suburban residence, surrounded by forests, by one of the former kings of Poland. The building has struggled to survived despite the chaos occurred during the First and Second World War; nowadays representing an emblematic monument of Polish history. The Palace is considered as a National Historic Heritage. It hosts a large museum with exquisite works of art, that represent both royal and artistic Polish history.
Furthermore, the Palace is adorned with several works of art, sculptures and surrounded by a large and beautiful garden; radiating colors at its best, during the Spring and Summer seasons. It is then, when you can enjoy various events and outdoor concerts, surrounded by the beautiful nature.
The Palace surrounded by its green and colorful gardens
Wilanów Park, a very green and peaceful place, ideal to enjoy and relax from city routine
Schedule and Prices
The Palace is open to all visitors all year long except during the following holidays:
The first half of January, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday, Corpus Christi Day (26thMay), 15th August, 1st November, the second half of December (from 17th December 2016).
Opening hours of the palace during the winter season:
from 13th January to 15th April
from 26th September until 16th December 2016:
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays:
9.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. (last admission of visitors at 3.00 p.m.),
Tuesdays – the palace is closed to the visitors,
Thursdays (free admission day for individual guests):
9.30 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. (last admission of visitors at 3.00 p.m.). On Thursdays, the palace can be entered with free entry passes for specific hours, which can be obtained at the ticket office. For reasons of restoration, the number of passes is limited. The passes are available from 9.00 a.m. until stock lasts.
Ticket Prices Palace (Guide not included):
– Regular Price 20 PLN
– Reduced Price 15 PLN
Open every day all year round, from 9.00 a.m. until dusk*. During violent winds, the garden is temporarily closed for the sake of the tourists safety.
*- 1 January – 13 March: to 4:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:00 p.m.)
– 14 – 31 March: to 6:00 p.m. (last admission at 5:30 p.m.)
– April: until 8:00 p.m. (last admission at 7:30 p.m.)
– May: until 9:00 p.m. (last sdmission at 8:30 p.m.)
– June-July: until 10:00 p.m. (last admission at 9:30 p.m.)
– August: until 9:00 p.m. (last admission at 8:30 p.m.)
– September: until 8:00 p.m. (last admission at 7:30 p.m.)
– 1 – 16 October: until 7:00 p.m. (last admission at 6:30 p.m.)
– 17 – 31 October: until 6:00 p.m. (last admission at 5:30 p.m.)
– 1 November – 12 March 2017: until 4:00 p.m. (last admission at 4:00 p.m.)
Ticket Prices Park (Guide not included):
– Regular price 5 PLN
– Reduced price 3 PLN
– Quarterly pass: regular 60 PLN, reduced 35 PLN
Entrance to the park is free on Thursdays
How to get there
Wilanów Palace is located in the district of Wilanów, approximately 10 kms south from the city center. This is where the historical “Royal Route” comes to an end (The Royal Route begins from the the Old Town in the Royal Castle).
– Public pay parking for cars and buses is located approximately 300 mts from the palace, just follow the signalization;
– From the city center, you can access Wilanów by public transport buses # 116, 180, 519. The time and schedules may be checked through the Warsaw Public Transport webpage: http://www.ztm.waw.pl/
– If you are enjoying of a clear sky and sunny day, we suggest to use the city bicycle service “Veturilo” to get to the place; we assure that its worth to take this nice trip!
For more information: http://www.wilanow-palac.pl/